One-Skillet Cashew Chicken with Sweet Potato Noodles
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, spiralized using the 3mm blade
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped green onion, divided
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sesame oil
For best results, we recommend using:
- Preheat oven to 350°(175°C) degrees.
- Spread cashews onto a baking sheet.
- Toast cashews in preheated oven until golden brown, about 5 minutes; transfer to a plate to cool.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté sweet potatoes in hot oil until softened to your preferred texture, about 8 minutes. Remove sweet potato noodles to a plate.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss chicken quickly with the hot oil; season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Sauté chicken until completely browned, about 3 minutes.
- Stir ¼ cup green onion, rice vinegar, and hoisin sauce with the chicken to coat; continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 3 minutes more.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir cashews and sesame oil into the chicken mixture; spoon over the sweet potato noodles and garnish with remaining green onion to serve.
Use your Mealthy SpiraSlicer to make delicious sweet potato noodles to replace traditional wheat or rice noodles. This both adds nutrients and lowers your carbohydrate intake. You can also try another firm vegetable to make noodles, such as zucchini, butternut squash or carrots.
What others are saying
Chaz Norwood says:
This was really delicious. I used zucchini instead of sweet potato, but other than that made no adjustments. I love how easy it was to make and plan to get a lot more use out of my spiralizer.
Jessica Scott says:
This was my first time making cashew chicken and it was so delicious. Who would have thought that sweet potatoes are the perfect noodle alternative? Such a great dish!
Ashley Bowman says:
I love sweet potato noodles! I can't wait to try this recipe but I will probably use tofu or seitan.
Caro Hodgin says:
I put the slow cooker Thai Chicken (also from this site) over the sweet potato noodles here and it was so tasty. Delish!!