Borscht Ribbon Salad
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 red beets, peeled and spiralized using the 2mm blade and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1½ cups halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For best results, we recommend using:
- Gently toss cabbage, beets, tomatoes, carrots, and red onion together in a large bowl.
- Beat the dill, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl; pour over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the flavors meld, at least 30 minutes.
Did you know you could use your SpiraSlicer as a shredder? Run the carrots, red onion, and cabbage through it right after the beets. You won’t get long strands, but for this application, those shorter pieces will be perfect! This salad does best when refrigerated briefly, but it can be served immediately. It will also keep for up to a day in advance.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
This salad has incredible flavor! I added goat cheese and a hard boiled egg for added protein. It was so much better than expected.
Caro Hodgin says:
this is such a cool idea! i got a new spiralizer and have been looking for fun new ways to use it. this vinegar-y, borscht-inspired salad is so crisp and refreshing. will def make again.