Pressure Cooker Turkey Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups black beans, drained
- 2 cups kidney beans, drained
- 1 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels, roasted
- 1 cups tomato puree
- 1 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- optional toppings: shredded Cheddar cheese, tortilla chips, chopped green onions, sour cream, cilantro
For best results, we recommend using:
- Turn cooker to Sauté and warm olive oil. Add onions with garlic and sauté until translucent. Add turkey, breaking meat into small chunks with a wooden spoon, and cook until completely browned.
- Push turkey mixture to sides cooker and toast cumin, chili powder; season with salt and pepper. Stir together red, green, and yellow bell peppers, black beans, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth.
- If using a pressure cooker, bring pot to pressure and cook on “High” setting for 25 minutes; then cook uncovered an additional 15 minutes to reduce. If using a slow cooker, cook on “High” setting for 4 hours.
- Serve with desired toppings.
This recipe can be made in a slow cooker too! Just follow the recipe through to the spice-toasting step, add it with remaining ingredients to the slow cooker pot, then set to cook for 4 hours. The slow cooker version can be found here: https://mealthy.com/recipes/716.
What others are saying
Leah M says:
We had a potluck at work so I made this turkey chili. I transported my Multipot to work, plugged it in on keep warm and was able to serve people straight out the pot like I would have a slow cooker. We set up a chili bar station with all the toppings like sour cream, chives, and cheese. So much fun!
Alexis Pearson says:
This recipe is a classic. The only changes I made was omitting corn and adding white pepper. Making chili in the pressure cooker is the best!
Nick Myott says:
Wife was out of town and told me to check out this recipe, even for me it was really simple. Didn't starve while she was gone and really liked the flavor. I added jalapeno for spice.
Jenny Cronin says:
I make turkey chili at least twice a month in my crock pot, but now that I have a pressure cooker and saw this video I wanted to try it out. I loved how simple it was, didn't have to sautee everything in a pan before, just pop into the pressure cooker! I topped with green onion, cilantro, shredded cheese and plain greek yogurt. This was a big hit with the fam!
Steve Failows says:
Turkey Chili is a classic weeknight meal for our family - it's great to keep warm when our family schedules don't always line up; it's ready to go no matter when you get home. This chili was on the watery side but no complaints from the family - quick and easy!