Quick Pickle Curlicues
- 2 seedless English cucumbers, spiralized using flat blade
- 2 cups rice vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
For best results, we recommend using:
- Pack cucumber strands into 3 pint-sized canning jars.
- Stir the vinegar, water, lemon juice, garlic, maple syrup, mustard seed, red pepper flakes, and salt together in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring periodically, and immediately remove from heat and pour the hot brine over the cucumber ribbons, filling the jars to ensure strands are entirely submerged. Loosely secure lids onto the jars to retain some heat, which will speed the pickling process.
- Let pickles stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Store refrigerated for up to a week.
Add ½ cup fresh chopped dill to the pickling liquid for that classic deli pickle flavor. Alternately, you can double the maple syrup for a bread-and-butter pickle sensation.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
This is the best! I added fresh dill, as recommended, and they turned out amazing. Much better than store bought. They taste so fresh! Perfect for your pickle cravings!
Caro Hodgin says:
I LOVE making pickles and I LOVE my spiralizer, so this was an obvious pick! so tasty. I doubled the maple syrup as the mealthy tip suggests and these were just so delicious and really just like a bread and butter pickle.