Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
For best results, we recommend using:
- Combine the almond milk, avocado, cacao powder, raw honey, dates, and vanilla extract in a blender pitcher; pulse until smooth. Alternately, put the ingredients into a deep bowl or pot and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Divide between four bowls and top with toppings if desired.
This can be served directly after blending, but also woks well chilled for a little while before eating. The mousse will keep in the refrigerator for up to two days. Try making it with coconut milk instead of almond for a slightly tropical taste.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
My wife and I made this for our kids. They had no idea it was made from avocado. This is great for parents who want their kids to eat healthy snacks, and also for adults too who are conscience of what they eat.
Greg Jones says:
I make this avocado mousse regularly for my kids. I would never be able to get them to eat avocado otherwise. They don't even know the difference.
Caro Hodgin says:
I was SO skeptical about this "mousse". Sounded like chocolate guacamole, yuck. But, I had a couple of avos going bad so I gave it a shot. I couldn't have been more wrong. You can hardly taste the avocados, they just provide a really creamy, mousse-like texture for the chocolate. Also, I used COCOA powder instead of cacao powder.