Vegan Curried Cauliflower
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup red curry paste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rub 2 tablespoons olive oil over the cauliflower head to coat; season with salt and pepper and place onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven until you can pierce the head easily with a sharp knife, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high; sauté the garlic and ginger in hot oil until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Stir the curry paste and cayenne with the garlic and ginger; add the cauliflower and sauté to coat, 5 to 7 minutes. Garnish with cilantro to serve.
Make a large batch and use the leftovers in a salad for lunch. Store cooled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
Really good cauliflower! Perfect to add to Buddha bowls. I also added a little turmeric, it turned out great.
Sam Dalton says:
I love preparing this curried cauliflower to go in my buddha bowls and to take for lunch. Perfect to make in large batches for meal prep.